1. I’ve advertised on Craigslist before. Has anything changed over the last 5 years?
Yes, a lot has changed. Craigslist Auto now charges $5 per listing and uses algorithms to filter out “junk postings” and help Craigslist search results be more relevant to the consumer. Instead of basing which listings show first solely on what time they were posted, vehicle posts can now “beat the clock”: older posts can show first by simply being more appealing and being optimized to satisfy the Craigslist algorithm.
2. Why should I avoid managing my own Craigslist inventory posting?
Your inventory, pricing, and vehicle info are constantly changing. An automated solution synced with your website is the only way to stay current and keep your inventory listings up to date. Plus, there are 13 steps involved in creating a Craigslist vehicle listing from start to finish, and that doesn’t involve maintaining, updating, and refreshing them. Keeping on top of this for your entire used inventory simply isn’t a time-efficient solution!
3. What’s the “science” behind posting on Craigslist?
Craigslist Auto now uses an algorithm to decide which vehicle listings should show at the top of the Search Results Page (SRP). And our program has nailed that algorithm using data and science, A/B/C testing hundreds of variations of listing templates to see which one is truly the “champion” when it comes to getting to the top of the SRP.
4. What makes Man Marketing’s Craigslist Posting tool different than others?
- Everything we do is based on data and science: not gut feelings.
- Our design templates beat any other competitors’.
- We include “Smart Reporting” with call tracking and by-vehicle reporting for your market.
- Our system knows the best time and day to post each vehicle.
- We automatically detect when you sell a vehicle and will swap a new vehicle in place of the old ad without any additional charge (nobody else does this!).
5. What do I have to do to maintain my postings once I’m live?
Absolutely nothing apart from answering the inbound lead emails, SMS text messages, and phone calls that our posting service generates! Simply set up your budget, grant us access to your inventory feed, and the system will automatically start sending you qualified Craigslist leads for each vehicle posted.
6. How fast can I be up and running with this Craigslist Posting tool?
Most dealers are live within 48-72 hours of receiving a copy of your inventory feed from your data provider.
7. What’s included in Man Marketing Media’s Craigslist package?
- Optimized vehicle listings for however many used inventory you want to post
- A/B/C tested templates that don’t lose
- Inventory sync and automatic updates
- Sales swap
- Smart posting specific to your market and based on science
- Multiple market targeting
- Call tracking and call recordings
- Smart reporting with dynamic dashboard
- Trackable data via Google Analytics
8. How much is it?
Craigslist charges $5 per vehicle per market to post a vehicle in the Cars+Trucks section of Craigslist, and most dealers receive 1st party leads for less than $10 per lead from Craigslist. Man Marketing charges a monthly service fee and vehicle posting fee, and you can setup a maximum monthly budget that will automatically set which vehicles to prioritize based on your budget.
9. Will it work with my inventory feed provider?
Yes, our program can upload your inventory to Craigslist regardless of your feed provider.
10. Can I track the results from my Craigslist postings in Google Analytics?
Yes. With all digital advertising, you should always be able to track your efforts directly in Google Analytics.
11. What results can I expect?
The average dealer posting 100 used inventory to Craigslist through our program will receive:
- 167 phone calls
- 150 clicks to site
- 11 emails
- 150 text leads
- 12 cars sold
12. How long do listings run on Craigslist for?
We run the average listing 30 days. Our posting schedule is as follows:
Day 1: 20-40% of Dealer Inventory is posted, selected by which vehicles are “trending” in your dealership’s market, so that we rank when a user searches for a specific keyword. (82% of Craigslist shoppers use this option).
Day 2-30: Remainder of Dealer Inventory is posted. This ensures your inventory is at the top of the SRP for users who aren’t using the search box.
13. What if my vehicle sells before the 30-day mark?
We’ll swap it out with another vehicle for free, even if it’s at the beginning of our post schedule. (Nobody else does this!)